Self-publishing has never been easier, thanks to the plethora of platforms available today. However, not all platforms offer the same benefits, and choosing the right one could be a game-changer for your writing career. In this article, we compare two platforms that are at opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of size but not in capability: Tagcash and Amazon.
Amazon's Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP)
- Massive Reach: Amazon's Kindle platform has millions of active readers globally, offering unparalleled exposure.
- Ease of Use: Amazon's KDP is user-friendly, allowing quick uploads and publishing.
- KDP Select: An optional program that gives authors the chance to offer their books through Kindle Unlimited, potentially boosting reads and earnings.
- Exclusivity: If enrolled in KDP Select, authors must remain exclusive to Amazon for the eBook version.
- Royalty Rates: Amazon offers a royalty rate of 35% to 70%, depending on various factors such as the book’s pricing and geographical sales location.
- Limited Direct Marketing: While your book is listed, there's limited scope to directly engage with your reader base for future marketing efforts.
Tagcash: The New Kid on the Block
- Complete Financial Control: Authors control 100% of their income, dictating their terms and even setting the commission for third-party sellers.
- Community Building: Built-in features allow authors to cultivate their own fan base within the platform, providing a direct channel for promotions and updates.
- Flexible Publishing: Authors are free to publish across multiple platforms; no exclusivity is required.
- Embedded AI Support: The platform offers embedded AI Chat support, assisting authors with idea generation, plot development, and book structuring.
- Group and Publisher Partnerships: Authors can collaborate with other groups and publishers, expanding their reach within the platform.
- Smaller User Base: Being a newer platform, Tagcash doesn't yet have the extensive global reach that Amazon does.
- Emerging Ecosystem: While feature-rich, the ecosystem is still growing and may not offer all the auxiliary services that a more established platform does.
Why Tagcash Could be Better for You
Holistic Development: Apart from just publishing, Tagcash offers tools for authors to develop their writing with AI support, something Amazon currently lacks.
Fan Base Cultivation: Directly engage with your reader community, a feature that Amazon doesn't inherently offer.
Monetary Independence: Keeping 100% of your income allows you to reinvest in your work as you see fit, be it in marketing, cover design, or other aspects that could enhance your book's success.
TAG Reader App
One of the features of Tagcash will be the TAG Reader app, which allows for offline reading while still respecting digital rights management (DRM). This means that authors can be assured that their content remains secure while offering readers the flexibility to access content whenever and wherever they like.
So, while Amazon may have the edge in terms of a broad user base, Tagcash is rapidly bridging the gap by offering an array of features, including the TAG Reader for secure offline reading. These innovations make Tagcash not just a publishing platform but a comprehensive ecosystem for authors and readers alike.
Tagcash is a comprehensive fintech platform that enables businesses and groups to create and monetize their own customized member communities with a wide range of integrated services.
Tagcash Ltd is registered in USA and Philippines (authorised and regulated by the BSP (Central Bank of Philippines) as an Electronic Money Issuer.)